Major events of 2017
World Food day celebrations 16th October 2017
The national celebrations were held in Kabale on 16th October, regional function went on well at balya road green belt Fort Portal Organised by KRC, Fort Portal Municipality and Kabarole District Local Government. A number of activities took place the food fest, nutrition clinic, food Art exhibition, food debate among others. We are grateful for the overwhelming turn up.
The food summit 24th November 2017
KRC Annual reflection and retreat 11th December and 14th-17th December 2017 respectively
KRC at 20
In June 2016 KRC made 20 years in research, advocacy and community development. KRC Board, management and Staff is therefore inviting all its partners, political leaders, farmer groups, youths, alumni, women and the general public to celebrate its journey of 20 years of research, advocacy and community development. KRC has organized 20th anniversary celebrations beginning the 1st week of March, 2017 and will climax with a series of activities in the last week of March 2017. Some of the activities for the celebrations include;
1. A regional marathon that will be conducted on 25th March in partnership with Fort Portal Regional referral Hospital to raise money for the emergency and accident unit.
2. Official Launch of KRC 102 FM Radio in the afternoon of 25th March 2017 at Mugurusi Road Fort Portal
3. Launch a campaign for growing one million trees in the seven districts of Rwenzori region in partnership with NFA and district authorities
4. Launch of the Bio-refinery factory in Boma-Fort Portal that extracts protein for animal feeds from grass
5. Exhibition of KRC researches, models, approaches and achievements for the last 20 years.
All partners in the Rwenzori Region (Kabarole, Kasese, Kyenjojo, Kyegegwa,Ntoroko,Bundibugyo and Kamwenge)
We are grateful that you participated and made KRC@20 celebrations colorful and successful.